30 March 2012

"3. I know that there's no true coherence except in apparent incoherence. Every object clothes itself in chaos. To take shape, every thought must manage its own vagueness.

20. I know that, seen from the border between language and the world, the universe is in increasing entropy. But I no longer know what it is if I climb to the top of a tree ( one of these trees on the border between language and the world), from where you can see far into language and far into the world at the same time.

21. Because I have scaled a tree, I know that beyond language is a huge plain, with dark flowers and little mazy footpaths."

3 selected from Patrick Dubost's "What I Know"
translate from the French by Fiona Sampson
*
"O word to which II have given hope by throwing it into the chasm."
Edmond Jabes, Itrans. Rosemarie Waldrop
via proustitute

No comments:

Post a Comment